6.22.2010

Thank You Hot Dog Man @ Granville and Pender

You are my inspiration. Meeting you made me realize that I meet some very peculiar people. I'm hoping writing these stories will help put these encounters into perspective and perhaps draw a deeper meaning from them. I am slightly insulted after having met you that day you offered me a job. In my most untamed dreams I would have never imagined that after 4 years of University & 1 bachelor's degree later that my 1st and most persistent job offer would be expanding your hot dog cart. I am still stumped by the fact that after telling you that selling hot dogs on the street has nothing to do with my Media & Communications degree that you went on to insist that in fact it has everything to do with my degree and that I could get excellent job experience. While I'm sure carpooling with you from  Langley everyday pulling 2 hot dog carts behind your truck downtown would have provided many more interesting tales. The only thing meeting you did was cement the fact that I have no desire to sell hot dogs to tourists and drunks, even if they are 100% Natural Buffalo Meat. If you every feel your dancing buffalo logo no longer meets industry standards or you finally have the desire to give your cart a company name feel free to contact me with a business proposal.

No comments:

Post a Comment